An Extraction Error is something that can occur due to a connection error between an Apple device and the Apple servers.
Android devices may have something like this occurring when the magazine issue opens as a blank white screen, or images within the mag aren’t as they should be.
The basic steps to resolve this are as follows:
- When you are within the app, on the screen where you can see all of the cover images, tap the little white ‘i’ in the bottom right corner of the issue cover you are having problems with.
- Tap ‘Delete’.
- Tap ‘Download’.
This will download a new copy of the issue, which should mean that all is as it should be.
If this does not resolve the issue, do this instead:
- Fully close the magazine app. For Apple devices, this means tap on the home button to ensure you have exited the magazine, then double tap the home button. All the opened apps will appear at the bottom of the screen. Depending on your OS X version, either
a) Press and hold on top of the magazine and the apps will start to shake, then tap on the red minus sign to fully close the magazine
b) swipe the minimised version of The 4 Blades App upwards, to fully close it.
- Delete the app from your device. For Apple devices, tap and hold the app icon until it shakes. Then tap the X to delete it.
- Redownload the app from iTunes. Make sure you are logged in with the same Apple ID that subscribed to the magazine. To do this, tap on the Settings app, scroll down and tap on the store app, then double check that the same Apple ID is being used. If not, sign out and sign in with the correct Apple ID.
- Relaunch the magazine. Go to the Newsstand App and tap on The 4 Blades app to launch it. The splash page will appear and then the magazine home screen will show. The page should be updated and now the yellow Subscribe button should be replaced with a grey Restore button. If you are still getting a ‘Subscribe’ button, tap on that, and then tap ‘Restore Purchases’. Then tap on the magazine issue cover and tap ‘Download’.